Association of Washington Business Hosts Outreach Tour
The Association of Washington Business launches a 15-city statewide small business listening tour in May in Vancouver. The tour, which runs through June and touches every corner of the state, will help craft a 2017 state legislative agenda tailored to Washington’s small business operators.
Gary Chandler, AWB vice president, government affairs, will lead the meetings along with AWB government affairs staff.
“We promise to make this time valuable for each business owner to share their thoughts, challenges and insights,” Chandler said. “As the backbone of our economy, their voice is critical in creating meaningful legislation for Washington’s small-business owners.”
Each meeting will feature an open discussion among business owners to capture specific policy suggestions and concerns. AWB will furnish each attendee with a discussion guide prior to the meeting to help facilitate dialogue and make the most of the allotted time.
Members and non-members are welcome to join the meetings, but AWB asks that attendees RSVP to Jackie Riley at 360.943.1600 or JackieR@awb.org to ensure ample space and supplies.
The meeting dates and locations are as follows:
* Spokane: June 16, 7-8:30 a.m.
Greater Spokane Incorporated, 801 W. Riverside Ave. #100, Spokane.
* Colville: June 16, noon-1:30 p.m.
Stephani’s Oaks Street Grill, 157 N. Oak St., Colville.
* Tri-Cities: June 20, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Tri-City Regional Chamber of Commerce, 7130 W. Grandridge Blvd. Ste. C, Kennewick.
* Yakima: June 21, noon-1:30 p.m.
Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce, 10 N 9th St., Yakima.
* Wenatchee: June 22, 7:30-9 a.m.
Town Toyota Center, Crunch Pak Room, 1300 Walla Walla Ave., Wenatchee.
* Ellensburg: June 22, noon-1:30 p.m.
Rodeo City BBQ, Banquet Room, 204 N Main St., Ellensburg.
* Everett: June 23, 7:30-9 a.m.; Economic Alliance of Snohomish County, 808 134th St. S.W. #101, Everett.
* Bellevue: June 23, noon-1:30 p.m. Puget Sound Energy – Summit Conference Room, 10885 NE 4th St., Bellevue.
* Grays Harbor: June 27, noon-1:30 p.m.; Grays Harbor, Inc., 506 Duffy St. Aberdeen.
* Port Angeles: June 28, 7:30-9 a.m.
Red Lion Hotel, 221 N. Lincoln St., Port Angeles.