Trios welcomes new residents, including 2 Tri-Citians
Trios Health’s residency class recently started its three-year program and includes four new family medicine resident physicians and six new internal medicine resident physicians.
The Class of 2025 applicant pool was competitive this year, with nearly 2,000 applicants. More than 170 candidates were interviewed to select the final 10 for residency positions. Two are Tri-Citians.
- Drew Ableman, DO, family medicine, Pacific Northwest Health Sciences University, hometown Spokane.
- Blake Christensen, DO, family medicine, Rocky Vista College of Osteopathic Medicine, hometown Rexburg.
- Shelby Johnson, MD, internal medicine, Ross University School of Medicine, hometown Moses Lake.
- Thanmai Kaleru, MD, internal medicine, MediCiti Institute of Medical Sciences, hometown Federal Way.
- Daniel Kim, DO, internal medicine, Pacific Northwest Health Sciences University, hometown Tacoma.
- Janhvi Rana, MD, internal medicine – American University of Antigua College of Medicine, hometown Pasco.
- Eryn Reager, DO, family medicine, Rocky Vista College of Osteopathic Medicine, hometown Salt Lake City.
- Daniel Shin, DO, internal medicine, Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine, hometown Boise.
- Owen Strom, MD, family medicine, Washington State University School of Medicine, hometown Spokane.
- Simean Yang, MD, internal medicine. St. George’s University School of Medicine, hometown Richland.
“We are excited to welcome this class of new resident physicians and to see them grow and develop in this profession over the next three years,” said Amy Sweetwood, Trios Health designated institutional officer of graduate medical education at Trios Health. “It is a privilege to be able to train these residents and help them launch their careers. They are a great asset to our organization and community, and we look forward to getting to know them and seeing them care for our patients.”
The family and internal medicine residency programs include inpatient and outpatient experiences. Training is provided by faculty who work at Trios Health and in the community. Both programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
Family medicine resident physicians practice at the Trios Family Medicine Residency Clinic, located on the second floor of the Trios Care Center at deBit at 320 W. 10th Ave. in Kennewick.
Internal medicine resident physicians practice at the Trios Internal Medicine Residency Clinic, located at the Trios Care Center at Vista Field at 521 N. Young St. in Kennewick.